De Leon Springs, Fla. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — Oct. 9, 2017 — Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA) announced the release of the INS-20. The INS-20 is the first of its kind – a MEMS-based Inertial Navigation System (INS) that integrates SAASM GPS with the industry leading heading accuracy of the Sparton AHRS-M2.
The INS-20 provides fully compliant Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) GPS security with an onboard SAASM receiver. The system integrates SAASM GPS input with sensor input from the AHRS-M2 to provide a robust INS capable of operation in GPS deprived or denied environments. The INS-20 is also capable of integrating multiple serial inputs from external sensors, allowing them to operate as part of a unified navigation system.
The INS-20 is a compact, low power INS that provides full self-location and navigation capability including latitude, longitude, altitude, heading, pitch, roll, and velocity. Ideal for SWaP-C requirements, the INS-20 is compact and weighs only 31 grams with low power consumption of 1W.
“The INS-20 really is one of a kind,” said Jim Lackemacher, Group Vice President of the Engineered Components and Products Segment. “No other inertial navigation system in its class provides the feature set of the INS-20 in such a compact and versatile package.”
Benefits of INS-20:
- Integrated SAASM GPS and Sparton AHRS-M2
- Operates in GPS denied/degraded environments
- Easily integrates additional external sensors and inputs for a unified navigation system operation
- Compact size and weight and low power ideal for SWaP-C applications
- Ideal for Assured Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (A-PNT) and hand-held or mounted optical targeting systems
Features of INS-20:
- Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM)
- SAASM GPS coupled to Sparton AHRS-M2 through AdaptNav™ filter algorithm
- Sparton AdaptCal™ 3D adaptive in-field calibration with hard and soft magnetic interference compensation
- Improved GPS tracking with position data output rate of 100 Hz
- Static Heading Accuracy of 0.02° RMS
- Extended performance in a jamming environment – 41 dB while tracking – 24 dB in acquisition
- Small form factor of only 31 g for combined system
- Full 360° rollover capability using quaternions or rotation matrix
- “Figure of Merit” real time heading error indicator
- Quality of in-field calibration indicator
Visit www.spartonnavex.com for additional updates and availability.
About Sparton Corporation
Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA), now in its 118th year, is a provider of complex and sophisticated electromechanical devices with capabilities that include concept development, industrial design, design and manufacturing engineering, production, distribution, field service, and refurbishment. The primary markets served are Medical & Biotechnology, Military & Aerospace, and Industrial & Commercial. Headquartered in Schaumburg, IL, Sparton currently has thirteen manufacturing locations and engineering design centers worldwide. Sparton’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.sparton.com/.
Institutional Marketing Services (IMS)
John Nesbett/Jennifer Belodeau, 203-972-9200
Joseph McCormack, 847-762-5812