Basic Purpose of Position: Responsible for corporate credit card program and other corporate administered duties. Also involved in the implementation of new improvement projects and leading activities and/or personnel in the general accounting department.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain fixed asset database and provide asset listings and depreciation amounts to plant controllers and management
- Reviews and approves Junior Accountant’s payments and reconciliations
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, analyze and resolve accounting discrepancies, make corrective action recommendations
- Prepare bank reconciliations for the corporate accounts and related ZBA accounts.
- Perform corporate accounting support functions including intercompany, capital expenditures, budgeting, forecasting, governmental and tax
- Generate daily, monthly and quarterly account analysis and reporting
- Prepare audit schedules for internal and external audit
- Manage company paid credit card program including administering cards/ managing set-up and code profiles/ training
- Meet all internal and external reporting deadlines, including audit, tax, and third parties
- Assist in other duties and special projects as assigned
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- Minimum associates degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience, including journal entries and account reconciliations
It is understood that certain minimum requirements are not tested for but monitored for competent capability during the employee’s indoctrination period.